Monday, April 12, 2010

Revisiting a cooked brekkie!


For a long time I thought the reason I didn't like a cooked breakfast was because I was raised on cereal. We would go to IHOP and nicer places and I would always come home dissatisfied and now I know why! I was in PAIN people. I had become inadvertently accustomed to the upset feeling I got after eating pancakes etc. I didn't realize the gluten in them was causing my tummy to ache and making me hate anything other than cereal. I have since learnt that certain gluten laden items hurt me worse than others. Cereal was nowhere near as bad as pancakes. James who is such a sweetheart wanted to remedy this so after a couple of attempts he has mastered the art of making gluten free pancakes. Here is the recipe:

1 ½ cup Gluten Free Flour

3 ½ teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon Sugar

1 ¼ cups milk

1 egg

3 tablespoons butter, melter



1 In large bowl sift together all dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add egg, melted butter, and milk. Mix together till smooth.

2 Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over med high heat. Pour or scoop batter onto cooking surface, using approx ¼ cup.

3 When bubbles form on surface and pancake forms flip over.

4 Cook other side and put on plate.

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to post a lot of comments since I really am impartial to the wonderful person who is creating this blog. But I just had to comment that since I started working on doing the gluten free cooking this has to be my most enjoyable success.

    ReplyDelete