Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fogo de Chao - GF heaven


I am going to divert from the usual blogs and give a shout out to Fogo de Chao in Denver. It's a new kid on the block since there are already two other Brazilian steak houses in Denver. I have been to many restaurants since I found out that I have a gluten intolerance and some of the waiters and waitresses have been completely clueless and yes I know it's a lot to ask but with the numerous allergies out there it should be a requirement to have this knowledge since in some cases this could help someone avoid a painful interaction with food.

So Fogo de Chao was amazing since the waiter told me about 80% of the food was gluten free including the bread rolls. Hello??? Bread rolls yipeeeeeeee. I had an amazing time and I loved it and will go there again.

4 comments:

  1. Texas de Brazil in Denver it is a much superior restaurant, better food and much nicer ambience / both for the same price
    And the bread rolls called "pao de queijo" or cheese bread are also gluten free at Texas Brazil

    Meats at Fogo de Chao are not gluten free since most of them are marinated with beer; all meats at Texas de Brazil are gluten free

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a brazilian and i have visited most of the churrascarias in the USA; fogo de chao in denver is a big disappointment!!!! for some reason (they are now a big profit driven chain) they do not cook their meats the traditional way anymore, they stopped using expensive charcoal and are now using gas rotisserie; well, their meats taste microwave – my friends didn’t see much of a difference but I can not stand their meats

    growing up in sao paulo, fogo de chao was a dream place and always the choice for the best churrasco; in denver however, i am embarrassed to say that texas de brazil is a much better brazilian steak house

    too bad that none of them serve coracaozinho (chicken hearts), but still, the picanha at texas de brazil is as good or better than any other in brazil

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow thanks for the info. I had no clue. I have heard that Texas De Brazil is better. I always did wonder if that's how it is done in Brazil so thanks for that info too. I guess I understand where you are coming from since I am embarrassed of most Indian restaurants here in Denver. Luckily the beer must have cooked off since I had no stomach issues but that's good to know since I have many friends that abstain from alcohol completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally liked the place a lot, I will have to try the Texas De Brazil before I can really say which I prefer, but I did enjoy Fogo De Choa a lot and will go there again.

    ReplyDelete